May Troop Donations
- May 15, 2014
- Pool Industry News and Tips,
This will be Poolman’s third year sending donations to troops overseas. Poolman has employees who are veterans or have family members that have served or are currently serving, so they look forward to this annual event. This year, donations will be going to troops stationed in the Middle East.
Poolman is collecting donations. If you would like to contribute, you may leave your donation by your pool skimmer between May 27th and June 13th. Poolman will pick up your donation during the regular maintenance route and make sure your donation gets to our soldiers overseas.
Often, items like snacks or batteries have a big impact. Thanks to other generous organizations, toiletries are often covered. Photos of the collected donations will be posted on our Facebook page in June.
Here are some items that we’ve had in the past:
Snacks and Treats
- Beef jerky
- Sunflower seeds
- Protein bars or powder
- Hard candies ( jolly ranchers, butterscotch, etc.)
- Spam, Vienna sausages
- Tuna (single-serving, foil packages preferred)
- Drink mixes (like Gatorade or lemonade)
- Trail mix (no chocolate)
- Single packets of sugar/sweeteners
- Single packets of creamers
- Cereal (small personal sized)
- Batteries (AA and AAA are the most commonly used)
- Arm & Hammer powder
- Benadryl (trial size)
- Advil/Tylenol/Aleve (trial size)
- Theraflu (trial size)
- Cough drops
- Heat packs for your hands/feet/back
- Socks (heavy duty, not light weight)
- Non-perishable items that are small enough to fit in pockets or cans that the top pops off is preferred.
- Trial sized items are perfect!
- If you send anything that is aerosol, they will not get it.
- Anything liquid has to be in a zip-locked bag.