Choose Location

Girl Electrocuted While Playing Mini Golf

ORLANDO, Fla. — A medical examiner says an 11-year-old New York girl was electrocuted while trying to retrieve a ball from a pond at a time-share resort’s miniature golf course near Orlando.

Orange County deputies say Ashton Jojo cried out in pain Wednesday afternoon as she stepped into the 2-foot-deep pond, according to the Associated Press. Orange Lake Resort guest Christopher Burges of Alabama heard her screams and tried to rescue her. He was also injured.

The girl died shortly after arriving at Florida Hospital Celebration.

The resort released a statement reporting that a third guest was also injured, adding, “The miniature golf facility where the incident happened is closed and will not re-open until further notice. Our thoughts and prayers are with the guests, their families and friends during this time,” Reuters reported.

A building safety department official told WKMG that the electrocution may have been caused by a possible faulty pump connected to the wrong circuit breaker.

The station also reported that the resort’s golf course was connected to several electrical code violations.

Authorities say the Latham, N.Y., girl turned 11 on Friday. She was visiting Orlando with her parents and brother.

…Continue Reading at Huffington Post


Note: Having a knowledgeable service provider that is technically capable to diagnose and fix pool related items to code, is critical to the health, welfare and safety of all community residents and patrons.  Bottom line price may get your pool clean but it will not provide for a safe environment!