5 of the world’s most thrilling pools
- November 3, 2014
- Pool Maintenance and Renovation,
Are you thinking about a getaway? If you're sitting at your desk and your mind is wandering to exotic places – lands with elaborate swimming pools – look no further. Take a moment to peruse some of the most thrilling pools that have graced the earth. From incredible views to exotic animals that roam the pool perimeters, here are five swimming pools that were built for the gods.
1. Singapore Skyscraper: This option isn't for the faint of heart as it sits 57 stories above the ground, atop the roof of the five-star Marina Bay Sand hotel in Singapore. The 150-meter pool is the world's largest infinity pool at that height, which offers swimmers a first-class view of the city skyline, suggested the hotel's website. The breath-taking amenity is for guests only and rooms start at around $300 a night. It's worth the splurge if you'd like an unforgettable swim over the city of Singapore.
2. Chongwe River House: Gaze at actual wildlife from the swimming pool at the Chongwe River House. Guests lounging by the pool will oftentimes spot an elephant or an impala drinking from the river. The hotel is comprised of 4,000 acres and, in addition to a phenomenal swimming hole, guests can canoe, boat, fish or head out with an armed scout for a walking safari. If you're looking for a big splurge, this could be it, rooms go for anywhere from $1,300 to $6,400.
3. Dubai-Festival City: People might just go for business and stay for the pool. The InterContinental Dubai Festival City hotel made Travel and Leisure's list of World's Coolest Pools back in 2012 and it's no wonder why. The pool expands beyond the hotel and the glass bottom lets swimmers look 36-stories below them. The news source reported that the pool waters are best enjoyed in the evening hours when it's dark outside.
4. The Library Hotel Koh Samui: As the hotel's website stated: "Real happiness isn't complicated at all." Of course, it's hard to be worried in the slightest when you're sunbathing at The Red Pool, where the name matches the water color. Orange, yellow and deep red mosaic tiles comprise the pool's floor, which contribute to its vibrant color. The facility is a stone's throw away from the white sandy shores of Chaweng beach. Guests can enjoy a poolside massage or head to the Beach Bar where they can choose from more than 101 signature cocktails. According to the hotel's website, guests may also enjoy the original experience of Tea by the Sea that consists of a menu of teas, scones, pastries and sandwiches. Choose your bliss at the Hotel Koh Samui, which was designed like a library where each guest can write his or her own story.
5. The Standard Downtown Los Angeles: Guests at The Standard can enjoy the roof deck pool between noon and 1:30 in the morning. Aside from the stunning panoramic view of LA, the pool has a bar, outdoor fireplace, a dance floor and nightly DJs. Dance, swim, eat, workout or take in the city at this jack-of-all-trades swimming pool. When you're done there, head to the Spin Standard, which is LA's first professional ping pong club, according to the hotel's website.
Add these guilt-free getaways to your bucket list or use them as inspiration for your own pool. From Dubai to LA, swanky swimming pools are on the rise. Book your next vacation or dance, dine and play at your own backyard pool. If you'd like to upgrade, call Fort Worth, Phoenix or San Diego pool service professionals. They can make your pool feel more like heaven.